Neck Pain Treatment From Your Salem Chiropractor
Do you feel tension in your neck? Have you noticed you’ve had more headaches and upper back pain since your car crash, slip and fall, or sports injury? If so, you should come see a chiropractor in Salem Oregon that specializes in auto accidents. You can finally get some pain relief for your uncomfortable symptoms.
What Causes Neck Pain?
There are many causes of neck pain, including:
- Auto accidents
- Cancer, meningitis, rheumatoid arthritis, and other diseases
- Soft tissue injuries, including slips and falls, sports injuries, and other incidents
- Neck vertebrae bone spurs
- Herniated spinal discs
- Nerve compression in the neck
- Damage to the vertebrae, cartilage, and joints from conditions like osteoarthritis
- Muscle strains from common everyday activities
Chiropractic Techniques Used to Treat Neck Pain
Your chiropractor will perform some diagnostic tests and perhaps take some x-rays to determine the cause of your neck pain. The method of treatment varies according to your condition and the severity of the pain. Here are some chiropractic techniques you may receive while under the care of your chiropractor:
- Adjustments and manipulations: Both adjustments and manipulations involve a chiropractor using their hands to realign spinal vertebrae. This will be used to treat lower back pain as well as neck pain if the cause is spine-related.
- Spinal decompression: Spinal decompression is a technique that makes use of an inversion table. As the patient lies on this table, the spine is tractioned, thus reducing pressure on nerves in the back and neck. This will often improve protruding spinal discs.
- The Pettibon cervical technique: Created by Dr. Burl Pettibon, the Pettibon cervical technique uses the Pettibon Spinal Model for better posture and less pain. By readjusting the spine according to gravity and making other lifestyle changes (like diet and nutrition), patients often report a better quality of life.
About The Spine Clinic Doctors of Chiropractic, Your Chiropractor in Salem Oregon
If you’ve been in a car crash, have upper back pain, headaches, tension, and neck pain, come see us at The Spine Clinic Doctors of Chiropractic. As your chiropractor in Salem Oregon, we treat pain associated with the neck, back, and more. We’re led by Dr. Lyndon McGill, D.C., who has been a chiropractor since the late 1970s. He’s an expert in spinal trauma, sports injuries, nutritional counseling, physiotherapy, x-rays, and chiropractic adjustments. Our chiropractors specialize in techniques and services like osteoarthritis treatment, bilateral weight testing, and auto accident treatment.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Salem Chiropractor
To contact our chiropractors today, please call (503) 362-5555 or visit us at The Spine Clinic Doctors of Chiropractic at 1281 Lancaster Drive Northeast. For a limited time, we’re offering free consultations to our new patients, so don’t wait too long to set up your appointment.